Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Oi oi boy!

Here's an offcut of an interview I did with Skream for a fanzine to promote the application phase of the next Red Bull Music Academy (he gave a lecture at the last one). Might be of interest to Dummy's dubstep fans. A mix of Klaxon's Not Over Yet? That's got to be anthem-in-waiting...

Obviously you've got some big releases coming - what's next?
Skreamizm 3 ft. Losing Control, Chest Boxing, Make Me, Check It. I’m doing some remixes for Hot Chip and I'm doing a remix for their new label Greco Roman, it's a remix of David Sugar's Oi Oi London. And there’s a Klaxons remix coming of Not Over Yet.

When's your new label going to start? What can we expect from it?
Mongrel Music’s gonna start later in the year and the first release is pencilled in. I’m keeping it to my chest for the moment tho! Just expect some new artists and some fresh trax.

And what advice would you give anyone starting out in music?
Be original, work hard, try and listen to constructive criticism and try and take it in a positive way - which I'm not very good at!

No comments: